Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scanned image

This scanned image is a collage of my sound piece for the drawing project. It has an aluminium foil background and I thought it was interesting to see how it reproduced on screen.
The music is titled L'usine desaffectee by Vladimir Cosma and is from a soundtrack to an old movie favourite called Diva. I have really enjoyed listening to an old cassette tape version that a friend left in the art gallery where I work part time. I play it heaps when I'm there. I recorded the sound via my digital camera, downloaded it into Audacity, then into iTunes. From there, it went onto my son's ipod, so I was able to listen to my sound piece when I took the dog for a walk on the beach. That was a wonderful experience! Hope my son allows me to borrow the ipod again... might have to get my own.
L'usine desaffectee is a haunting, eerie sound piece that actually brought back memories of a recurring nightmare that I had as a young child. The collage represents a dark tunnel with metal and water reminiscent of an abandoned urban underground.

1 comment:

rustgirl said...

I just love that piece. It's gorgeous on the screen and even nicer when you showed me the book. I really love it - must try to scan mine into my blog as well.
kate